- This event has passed.
Breathworks Mindfulness eight-week Course – CANCELLED
September 12, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:15 pm£180
Unfortunately this course has been cancelled. If you are interested in a Mindfulness course please contact email@example.com or use the contact us option on the website to write a message.
This accredited eight-week course is for anyone who recognises that stress is impacting on their life.
Mindfulness offers a different way of dealing with those everyday stresses and situations by helping us to change our relationship with all the unhelpful thoughts and feelings that accompany them.
Mindfulness is about being aware of what our present experience is without judgment and by doing this we spend less time ruminating on the past or worrying about the future. By being really present we can really begin to improve the quality of our life.
The course involves eight sessions of approximately two hours in length (depending on the groups size) plus an additional part day of practice. You will learn a number of techniques that will help transform your life
- Breath and body awareness can support you to bring compassion to your experience of stress
- Mindful movements can help calm body and mind, and establish greater awareness
- Mindfulness can help you to see more clearly your habits and patterns that can lead to more stress, so you can begin to make different choices
- Mindfulness and compassion can radically change yourexperience of stress
- The simple pleasures of life can bring you joy, even in the midst of suffering
- Compassion towards yourself and others can help reduce isolation and support deeper connection to the common human experience of suffering
- Mindfulness and compassion can help you in choosing to respond, rather than react
(The Techniques taken from Breathworks website)
There is also a daily home practice to help you incorporate mindfulness into your life and with that you will reap the benefits. Included are materials (a workbook, recording book and mp3 downloads).
You can expect a warm, friendly and open environment.
The cost of the eight sessions + books + meditations + optional practice session = £230
The first session will be 2 hours and 15 minutes and subsequent sessions 2 hours in length
If you would like to attend but are on a low income or have no income please contact me as concessions are available..
For questions and enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Picture of Materials